Enthusiastic about specialty espresso & service? That is for you.
Barista Duties: Stellar Buyer Service & Beverage Excellence in The Tasting Room (~75% of the time)
- Create and serve drinks to the excessive requirements set by the Tasting Room Supervisor and Lead Barista
- Greet each buyer; serve and anticipate buyer/shopper wants with the absolute best customer support all through the complete house, together with behind the bar, within the brew and roasting lab, and within the cupping room.
- Current and clarify the rotating menu to a clientele of each espresso professionals and most of the people.
- Have a transparent data of all coffees being served, together with their producer, roast profile, and present brew recipes.
- Money Dealing with/Register Operation
- Preserve stock of things important to the Tasting Room’s success – espresso, paper items, milk, and extra.
- Guarantee customer support areas stay spotless and usually sanitized all through the day, together with the Tasting Room, hallway, and restrooms.
- Wash dishes all through the day and preserve a pristine service setting.
- Talk clearly with fellow Baristas, supervisor, Tasting Room Director, and The Crown workers to make sure an impeccable expertise for all guests to our house.
- Assist a tradition that pulls, retains, and develops the very best high quality Baristas within the trade.
- Capable of work an 8 hour day with an unpaid, hour-long meal break between the hours of seven am – 8 pm (i.e. 8 am -5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm or 10 am – pm)
- Versatile availability to accommodate seven days of operation.
Lab Assistant Duties: Element Oriented Experimentation, Information Administration, and Tasting Presentation (10-15% of time)
- Preserve Presentation Room, Brew Lab & Roast Lab
- Help with the setup, presentation, and cleanup of personal ‘Tasting Experiences’ for company.
- Experimentation with brewing, grinding, and water science in collaboration with the remainder of The Crown staff.
- Help senior Crown staff with Crown Jewel Evaluation in addition to with constructing content material for the weblog, web site, social media, and e-newsletter.
- Assist Royal Espresso and The Crown staff members.
Collaboration & Cross-Purposeful Success (10-15% of time)
- Apprentice in different key areas of The Crown to make sure the Tasting Room is totally synced with all different points of the house, and (extra importantly) to proceed to develop as a espresso skilled.
- Take each lessons from the Crown’s curriculum and SCA/CQI-certified programs when there’s house and time out there.
- Cup coffees (manufacturing roasts, Crown Evaluation, new arrivals, calibrations, and experiments) with The Crown staff.
It is a distinctive alternative for a inventive self-starter trying to transfer the specialty espresso trade ahead & develop their profession.
- Passionate in regards to the specialty espresso trade, dedicated to transparency and collaborative in nature.
- High-notch customer support and interpersonal expertise
- Capable of work independently and be proactive.
- Adaptable to new procedures
- Consideration to element.
- Seeks alternatives for self-development and profession development.
- Takes management and workouts management when essential.
- Communicates and networks successfully, clear and direct verbal communicator.
- Need to be taught and discover all sides of the espresso trade; seeks out studying alternatives.
- Focuses on outcomes and attaining private work goals
- International language expertise are appreciated however not required.
- Pay $21/hr, with a deliberate improve at 3 and 6 months, and at one 12 months assuming good efficiency.
- Well being, Imaginative and prescient, and Dental
- Fitness center Membership
- 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Entry to a few of the greatest coffees on this planet, with innovative know-how and the liberty to discover them
- Ongoing academic alternatives in our SCA and CQI licensed brew lab, roast lab, and cupping lab
- Please e-mail cowl letter and resume to Josh@royalcoffee.com.
- Write the place you’re making use of for & title within the topic line i.e., BARISTA FIRST NAME LAST NAME.